Amazonas is located in the northeast of Peru.
7,657 feet (2334 meters).
Max 75 F (24º C) and 64 F minimum (18º C). Rainy season runs from December through March.
The most advisable route is Lima-Chiclayo-Chachapoyas (1,225 km), about 24 hours by car. An alternative route is Lima-Trujillo-Cajamarca-Celendín-Chachapoyas (1 199 km), about 24 hours by car.
Although there are no regular flights, it is possible to contract flights for groups from Chiclayo (for further information, contact us) There are also non regular flights to Moyobamba and Rioja.
• Purtumute (Seasoned boiled beans served with stewed corn and fried dried river fish)
• Picante de cuy (Guinea pig stew cooked in a peanut and red pepper sauce).
• Juanes de yuca (Boiled and grated cassava mixed with rice and seasoned chicken, all wrapped in bijao leaves and boiled).
• Cecina (Salty dried beef or pork with an exquisite flavor).
• Tamales (corn paste stuffed with meat, wrapped in banana leaves and steamed).
• Humitas (sweet corn paste stuffed with cinnamon and raisins, wrapped in corn leaves and steamed)
• Inchik Uchu (boiled cassava served with peanuts, hot chili peppers and coriander).
• Guarapo (fermented sweet cane beverage)
• Milk liqueur
• Mulberry liqueur
• Chuchuhuasi (spiritous liquor made with a bitter root, very popular throughout eastern Peru).