Ica is located in central south coastal part of the county.
1,312 feet (400 meters).
Max 90 F (32º C) and 50 F minimum (10º C). Rain is unusual and it only happens during the El Niño phenomenon.
Lima-Ica (300 km) on the South Pan-American Highway about 4 h drive from Lima.
The main airport is located in Pisco; however there are no regular commercial flights.
Flights over Nasca Lines may depart from the airport of Pisco and Ica and Nasca airfields
• Picante de pallares (spicy casserole based on lima beans, milk, eggs and soft unripened cheese).
• Carapulcra (sun-dried potato casserole style with pork and chicken, panca and mirasol chili, garlic and other species).
• Tejas (traditional dessert made of dried up lemon and raisings stuffed with “manjarblanco” (milk jam) and nuts and covered with caramel and a sugar dressing).
• Cachina (spirit made from fermented grape must).
• Pisco (brandy originated in Peru distilled from the fermented juice of grapes).
• Chapanas (sweets made of cassave meal and brown sugar-loaf).